Are you worried that painkillers and anti-inflammatory medicines may sooner or later make your stomach upset? Want to avoid drastic pain relief methods that are hard on your body?
Medical acupuncture can help reduce pain without the need for drugs or infusion therapy, and you do not have to worry about the needles: the use of needles during the acupuncture treatment is barely noticeable; you can hardly feel anything from it.
In some cases, medical acupuncture is an independent therapeutic option, but it can also be used as a complementary treatment alongside Western healing therapies. It can be well combined, for example, with musculoskeletal collagen therapy.
Who is the treatment recommended for?
- Musculoskeletal, rheumatological diseases: neck, waist, back, joint and muscle pain, inflammation, arthrosis, post-injury rehabilitation, pain syndromes
- Neurological disorders: chronic headache, migraine, certain types of dizziness and tinnitus, neuralgias, Bell’s palsy
- Respiratory diseases: allergies, recurrent respiratory diseases
- Skin diseases: in certain cases of allergies and eczema
- Certain digestive diseases: functional diarrhoea, reflux disease, inflammation of the intestines
- Gynaecology: certain cases of infertility, menstrual disorders, premenstrual syndrome
- Proven to be an effective complementary method to support the treatment of overweight and obesity and in the treatment of addictions, including smoking cessation, as it can reduce hunger and cravings
Areas of application
- In the case of full-body acupuncture, anywhere on the body (from the top of the head to the toes), possibly also on areas of the body far from the area of concern
- In the case of auricular acupuncture, the ear (can be used on its own for smoking cessation, or as an adjunct to the treatment of obesity)
Preparation for the treatment
The treatment does not require home preparation.
The treatment cannot be performed in the following cases
Apart from haemophilia, there are no general contraindications to medical acupuncture, but in some cases individual consideration may be required to determine whether it is appropriate. This will be discussed during the consultation.
After disinfecting the skin, very thin (0.18-0.25 mm thick), single-use sterile medical needles are inserted into the skin at the appropriate depth, using a maximum of 15 needles per treatment (but much fewer can be used). The treatment is typically painless; in addition to the fine needle pricks, it can cause mild strain, tingling, or warmth and electricity sensation in the treated area or spread out throughout the body.
Number of treatments
The treatments are administered as a course of treatment and no foreign substances are introduced into the body. A course of full-body acupuncture usually consists of 10-12 treatments (more severe, chronic cases may require significantly more), which are recommended 2 times a week. For auricular (ear) acupuncture, the treatment course can be significantly shorter. In some cases, 1 treatment per week or per month may be recommended as a maintenance treatment.
Ability to work, home care
There is no further action after the treatment. Small haematomas may form at the needle puncture sites, which will disappear after a few days.
Price of the treatment
Tartóstű-kezelés teljestest-akupunktúrás kezeléssel egyidejűleg. *A teljestest-akupunktúrás kezelés felára.
Tartóstű-kezelés akupunktúrás konzultációval egyidejűleg. *A konzultációs díj felára.
Hagyományos tűvel (csak teljestest-akupunktúrával egyidejűleg). *A teljestest-akupunktúrás kezelés felára.